View Single Post
      11-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #62
Adronicus
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
I don't think it will be a year later. I'm talking about the person who purchases an M3 without knowing the arrival date of the competition package only to have it hit ground a year later (given the timeline of BMW's previous announcements, I believe this often holds true). Probably even more annoyingly, for some purchasers this means they order their M3 without the competition package being available and without having heard when the option will become available....only to have the option become available a few months down the line (after they can't make any changes to the order, but still months before their car will arrive).

And yes, we can continue to guess when the competition package will arrive, but anywhere from 18 months to 36 months (since we don't actually know) makes a big difference in whether people purchase now or wait.
I agree 100%. If I buy in fall 2014 and the Competition Package becomes available in fall 2015, I'll flip . But I guess from BMW's perspective, they don't want to affect sales of the base model. So I understand the logic, but it's still nerve-racking.
Appreciate 0