Major
Rep
Drives: G87 M2/E89 35is/F21 M140i/GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
Swapped it for a D class 5 channel alpine amp

Maybe I was just unlucky, I really don't know, the system is very well configured but the whining noise from the tweeters wasn't acceptable to me

I connected the tweeters straight to the amp, bypassing all routing for possible interference and it still whined. Per my limited knowledge it's obvious noise floor of the amp. Tried different grounding too and nothing changed.

For what it's worth I'm on the younger side. Had a few older family and friends listen to the quirk and they said it was barely audible.
Ah I see. I'm not even sure what tweeter whine is but I am still 30 lol.

I live next to a high end audio shop...I wonder what a total pieced together system runs and sounds...luckily the amp was swappable (albeit at cost) and fixed the solution.

Only other solution I see here is musicar which runs close to 5k and not really sure the H2H here.

I am completely stock and probably do this piece wise but I never do that and once I'm ready to fork out cash, I like to go all the way and get the best. Sounds is my number 1 sense in a car.

Bavsound would be cheaper upgrade. but the music I listen too, edm, rap, low fi, heavy synth, i need very accurate bass response
The bass is very good on the integral audio setup, makes stock one feel cheap and shitty. Mids and highs are marginal improvements, not really blown away by them.

The whine, it's like static sound and you can only hear it when stationary, no music and engine off

I initially installed a kill switch wired to the amp directly and routed under the drivers seat

Im low key salty about the company owner not reimbursing the deposit retainer labelling it as an issue on my end (total bs imho) but the sound system is really good
Gone: E92 M3 | RS3 8V | E82 1M | AMG GT-S | X3M Comp | F80 M3 | Juke Nismo RS | E85 Z4 M Roadster | R58 Coupe JCW | F87 M2C| F87 M2 | F22 M240i | F82 M4 | E89 Z4 2.0i | F56 Cooper S | E92 330i | R56 One
Appreciate 2