View Single Post
      10-11-2021, 08:48 PM   #8
MineralWhiteF80
Dont listen to me
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82, E92 M3, G30 M550i, E46

I went from an F80 to deciding to order a 718 Cayman S manual, but after the 718 lease was up, I decided to buy an F82 DCT…. 🧐 The Cayman and M4 are totally different cars, both are amazing and it's almost like comparing apples to oranges in a way. The Cayman is by far a better 'drivers car' and makes the M4 feel like a bigger gran touring road car. The Cayman was surprisingly a great streetable daily driver with great suspension as long as you didnt need to carry any cargo. I think the size of the BMW interior and layout of controls/buttons/infotainment was much better for an everyday fun street car. The 6 speed manual in the 718 is sooo good that it makes me not ever want to own another manual trans car other than a Porsche. I thought the 4 cylinder turbo in the Cayman was pretty good and actually sounded good except for idle, where it sounded like an old air cooled VW hippie bus. I absolutely miss the Cayman but am happy that I went back to an M4 for the type of driving I do. My ideal garage is my M4, my Jeep, and either a 982 Cayman GT4 or 991 GT3. 🤤
Attached Images