01-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #66
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
I have HK and did the Bavsound HK upgrade. I can tell a big difference and it was worth it to me.

For example; I like Guns and Roses old song Estranged from the Use your Illusion albums. It is a long complex song with a bunch of different instruments and vocal ranges. The stock HK did this song and songs like it no justice because it was fairly muddled and distorted easily if turned up. Now I can here the piano distinctly and the other instruments as well. It represents the different vocal ranges much better now. Overall it is a much much more pleasurable experience. I also like a lot of classical music and that is greatly improved now after the upgrade.

I get not wanting to do the install. Others had an easy time and mine was a mixed bag of serious pain in the ass to easy. If I have to do it again, I will pay somebody for the install. But, for the 700-800 dollar range I don't think there is better, cheaper or easier alternative.

Hope that helps.
Sounds like I should have saved my initial HK money and just upgraded the HiFi system.

Anyway I'll call a local shop to check install prices. I'm 6'7" with huge hands. Does not sound like a fun afternoon of cramming myself in the car. lol
Appreciate 0