05-29-2014, 01:28 PM   #324
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Get a BMW diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpippolo View Post
Perhaps it is silly, but there are a lot of good cars out there and I'm weighing the pros and cons of several. 26 mpg isn't great either...and might bail even with that. Its not really the mileage, it because of the range and small 15.8 gallon tank. I drive around 350 miles a week, and really prefer not to have to fill up more than once a week. Leave early and come home late from work, training for triathlons, and trying to spend time with my family, so spending a lot of time in gas stations isn't in my plan. I know, it only takes ten minutes, but ten minutes feels like forever when you've had a long day and just want to get home before the kids go to bed. With my combination of high speed highway, stop and go freeway traffic, and city driving I wont get anywhere near the hwy number...probably closer to the average. 20 mpg wont cut it. Maybe that means I just need to lean more towards luxury and less towards sport. Audi S6 gets 27 on the hwy and bigger tank. Not the same class and bigger than I wanted to go, but maybe a better compromise for me.

All that said, still thinking about it and want to take a test drive before making the call of whether I'll suck up the extra trips to the gas station.
Appreciate 0