Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
If you saved your modified FA (without the crippling codes 5AP and 8S4) to the car, some (but not all) of the changes will still be there. I also picked my car today from being updated to 58.3 and all the Euro NGHB coding was reset (I keep the original FA saved to the car)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
I am saying the opposite: if the modified FA (without the crippling codes) is written to the car, then the ECUs are VO-coded accordingly after flashing, just as it would be expected.
Hi dmnc02 , as there as a question about this in this thread, I am not entirely clear about your comments. In general, if the dealer update performs a similar cdDeploy in the final flash phase, then any ECU being updated would have all of its FDL reset according to the VO:
1. if FA was modified and written to the car, then the VO coding is done using that modified written FA to car, right? That's what I came to in my post #15 here. So what happens when a user writes the modified FAs for NGHB post flash?
2. if FA is saved offline but not written to car, then the VO coding is done using the original FA and all changes are lost and the user has to VO code using the saved FA and re-code.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0