afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber
Say whatever you want about the M2 but it's a step down from the M3/M4. Unless it's about money, why bother?

The whole allure of the M2 is that it's ALMOST like the M4 but cheaper.
[...]this whole "M2 is only for poor people not being able to afford an M4" could be used against you. Why are you not driving a Porsche 911 Turbo? And the 911 Turbo owner can be asked why he isn't driving a Ferrari. Basically there's always a more expensive, faster car...

Clearly, your feelings are hurt, all that hype for the M2 must be tough.

I don't dislike the M4. In fact I think it's quite beautiful. But I would rather buy a 911 Carrera S or GTS. I think that would be cheaper in a way as they hold their value much better than the M4 even if the M4 is a cheaper car.
Fair observations. M4 is, in many ways, a cheaper 911.
If I was in a market for an M4, I would have seriously considered ponying up for a Carrera S.
If cash flow delta impact and douche-Porsche guy cliche were not a consideration. Not that BMW ownership doesn't come with its own set of (negative) pre-conceptions, but Porsche takes it to whole new level.

Alas, I need 4 doors (kids in the back), and find M3 just about the perfect vehicle for the part.

I also test-drove M2 on track last year, and found it very comparable to an M3. However, the interior space was much tighter, and interior quality was a step down. No 4 door == no sale for me.

Other than that, "M2 is ALMOST like the M4 but cheaper".
That's not a put down. It's how it is.

Now if M2 CS with S55 motor comes out, and that car is still priced below the M4, then THAT would be something special!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
My wife is not interested in driving dynamics and the joy of driving but she does like luxuary and prestige. So maybe the M4 is more of a wife car?
M3 certainly is.
My wife loves it too!

a

Last edited by afadeev; 05-12-2017 at 08:54 AM..
Appreciate 0