CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Ok so to be clear FormulaMMM basically outlined why the BMW system gives the owner a superior set of options and experiences, especially for those with a sporting tendency, and you've gone back to the subjective "if that's what you are looking for..."

I'm fine with your response, I just to want to be clear you started by saying, "Quattro is better than xDrive." and are now saying you like the way it drives better.

Totally fine, just two different sentences.

Personally I like my AWD to give me a little tail wiggle when I hit the gas hard mid corner or corner exit as the rear breaks traction a tad and the front grabs hard. I like that feeling. But I'd be the first to say I find Audi Quattro superb, balanced, and more invisible and given equal tires I'd feel great in Audi, BMW, or Subaru in any wintry conditions. With Subaru being the least technically advanced of those, but their classic 50/50 AWD being frigging amazing.
The center torsen diff in RS cars is built with 40/60 front/rear torque split, which gives it a RWD feel. Stomp on the throttle in the snow, and you get a nice sideway drift. What kills the Audis IMO is that they are built on FWD architectures, which makes them nose heavy and understeering pigs at the limit. IMO, it is more a question of chassis balance than of AWD technology.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 1
ra2289307.00