Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
The thing the M3 has going for it is it's the most winning DTM car of all time. Even though that was like 30+ years ago, it's laid the groundwork for BMW Motorsports. The name itself is highly recognizable in the car world. It needs no introduction. It created its own league, it's THE benchmark. I could go on and on, but you guys get it. Not the same could be said of any other model from it's competitors. Let's see if they manage to ruin all that within 1 generation or will they be able to recover?
Don't disagree, that's why I'm keeping this one for the foreseeable future and looking at a P-car 911 for the next possible fun car. It'll be a while though. I really wish that Acura or Lexus would just really get in the arena and compete. Imagine something with NSX watered down tech in a 4 door.
Every time they launch something e.g. the new ILX, I shake my head and wonder 'why bother'?

I think GM upper management have the right vision, but their execution and dealerships will continue to drag on the brand. It's the same with Fords; yeah that GT350/500 is awesome, but the after sales support is a hard pass.
And Ford is discontinuing the GT350 for 2021.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...or-2021/?_gl=1*1tdi8bm*_ga*YW1wLTNLaTNUeV9sYmFFN05QMWpjT2JOTXF5e DA5dTIyUTNLS19NdkppZjFoNmI5dkVUdGpTT2JxWTVqZ1NDSUZ xSUQ.