12-03-2020, 08:32 AM   #1165
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
But introducing this. I’d happily run one on road & track –

The Americans are improving with every generation and addressing enthusiasts like never before. Numerous track ready stock options under full warranty, track prep guides, reasonably priced. 15 years ago I wouldn’t have imagined it.

New Blackwings get mag wheels, proper seats, V8, and manual?? ATS/CTS styling critiques from M snobs are a good laugh now.

M is running from a fight. Current bosses figured they’d take decades of legit reputation and clout and play that to the image crowd. I hope they fail miserably.
Totally agree on this. I used to laugh at the American marques. Since the E46 M3, I’ve always felt that BMW has been half relying on its pedigree and history to sell cars. I initially thought that it was because they were pivoting their strategy (they were in F1 with the E92), half expecting that they were going to really up the bar and continue to distance themselves from the average car manufacturer. That has not been the case sadly, instead they are slapping M badges like stickers on every lineup they have.

MB is pretty impressive. They are taking the fight to Porsche. Not quite there yet, but they are closing in.
Appreciate 6
stein_325i25044.00
FormulaMMM3662.50
CanAutM321103.00
minn1913965.50