435iaffair
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i, Z4M, M157 E63

Garage List
2014 435i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Is this fairly contradictory or am I missing something, especially the bold parts?

Is it the chassis or engine which wasn't visceral enough? I've never heard the S65 being described as anything but frenetic and visceral.

We've also beat the "not enough torque" think to death in about 100 threads. The car has more torque at the wheels than a 400 ft lb Z06 Vette at most rpms in most gears. Torque at the crank is largely a meaningless. It is torque with the gear/FD multiplication which gives wheel torque which is then something directly related to instantaneous acceleration.
The E92 is a much more refined ride, thus less visceral. It's still massive fun to drive! If I were made of money I'd have a 6MT E92 M3 added to my garage but for now the Z4M/C6 combo will do.

I've also read way too many of the torque debates before so I don't want to get into that again. The E9x M just doesn't feel as lively outside of its powerband as the M156 C63 or even a LS3 Camaro. That's not the same as saying the E9x M3 is not as quick, just how its power is delivered.
Appreciate 0