Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2
-Form & Function: (to qbix and others)
This is a real mixed bag for the car. I was really pleasantly surprised to see the inside the rear fender photos and learn that the rear "air curtains" in the bumper are indeed functional like the front ones. This is quintessential BMW M. Unfortunately it does lead to a very busy/cluttered look. Now that being said I am also confident there are many surfaces/features in both the front and rear bumper cover that are 100% aesthetic and form over function... Let's wait and see if the side vents are truly functional. These were in the E46 M3 but were NOT in the E9X M3. Let's also hold off on a judgement about the power dome. It could be for the engine/bracing or could also be for pedestrian impact reasons. Unfortunately it is most likely form over function/. The cheesy carbon fiber covers on the exhaust tips are 100% form over function. I also kind of suspect the cheesy ///M stripes are for the concept car only. Thus the claims from SCOTT26 about function over form are exaggerated and flavored by BMW Marketing...
-The Pchop with the improved hood/bumper line looks infinitely better that line in the hood is really quite hideous.

-I suspect 19" wheels will be standard and 20" optional.

-I'm definitely looking more closely at the P cars. I guess that is just a natural progression for an M guy... Surely for me it is also about really wondering if I want my 4th M3. Whoops 1st M4...
Join me with the 991 GT3 revolution