View Single Post
      01-08-2014, 05:13 PM   #151
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

My God that Lexus is ugly - sorry!

The front end grill is as terrible as it comes.... awkward in every way, it looks like a cartoon monster's mouth if I had to draw an analogy. The door frame at the roof line is just massive, too, which will cause poor visibility - look how darn thick it is... the window top may as well just start at the driver's nose if they're a taller person.

The instrument cluster is typical Japanese "more complexity is better." While it looks interesting at first glance, that's not a car I'd like to be driving... no less at the limit. The dash should be clean and simple, and this looks like information overload for the sake of putting it out there. Better suited for the "bling bling" crowd cruising the blvd than usefulness on a track.

Finally, what's with that steering wheel? Could they have made the center and spokes ANY bigger? It looks more at home in a Buick than a sports car!

To me, the entire car looks like it's trying really hard, and everything just quite didn't come together aesthetically. Some very strange and aggressive lines that lack style and finesse... sorry Lexus. BMW is MASTERFUL at making their cars look sporty and aggressive while keeping a somewhat understated, classy, and composed look at the same time. The M4 lines are more simple, streamlined, and purposeful... where the Lexus appears to have creases for the sake of creases, sharp angles all over for the sake of having sharp angles, and complexity in the dash for the sake of complexity... all adding up to a package that seems like it lacks purpose and functionality in the design.

Reminds me a bit of a classic SNL skit... "More cowbell!" In this case I picture it as "More sharp angles!!"
Appreciate 0