SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
This options cost around 70$. A wifi switch cost me 7$, I only added 3 feet of electrical wire to connect the switch to the garage door opener. The app is free and compatible with Alexa or Google Home
I have the same eBay Chinese switch which I used on my previous GDOs before I replaced them with the LiftMaster 8500 which comes with the 888LM Control Panel. Now the only reason I would need the switch is to give me Alexa voice control as LiftMaster already works with Google Home. The switch won't work when wired directly to the GDO, so I would have to solder it directly to the wall control panel. Haven't decided whether it's worth it or not just for Alexa voice control.

The Chinese eBay switch solution is for someone who is technically inclined and is able to solder two wires onto a PCB. The LiftMaster solution, while more expensive but still relatively inexpensive, is a simple, integrated plug-and-play solution.

Appreciate 0