View Single Post
      04-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #9
EstorilM240
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT

Go with AAA - they have a nice web app that will show you updates on the fly with GPS updates when you get a tow. 2019 technology, not 1989. That would have solved your problem as you could've checked up on the status instantly with very little friction and no phone calls.

Also you pay AAA directly every year, if they don't perform, you will stop being an AAA customer immediately, and that's it. They are a non-profit, member-oriented club, not a huge multinational corporation focused on maximizing $$$ profits.

Much shorter feedback loop than BMW, where they basically offer you a standard service for X years, and then try to pay out as little as possible. I've found an immense amount of passing the buck and shirking responsibility any time I've had to use a corporate-offered service, because the incentives are just for people to do as little as possible. The feedback loop is you stop buying BMWs or the brand is tarnished, which is much longer.

I did know someone who tried to use BMW Assist as much as possible because he got a free gas refill out of it every time... that's maybe the only way to beat the system. He wasn't stranded by any means.

Last edited by EstorilM240; 04-26-2019 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0