05-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #82
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
You're right - i was not trying to say that torque past the equation constant of 5252 is irrelevant. it is alway better to have more torque longer because that will translate to more power (independent of revs, which can also increase it). I did state it that way, but that's not what i meant. I was more commenting on the significance of a % drop off peak torque at redline (i don't think it's that significant if the engine is tailored to make up for it).
Ok sorry i misunderstood then.

A large torque drop off at redline is what happens to virtually every car out there. This includes powerful motors in very fast cars like what is in the AMGs or Chevy's LS-variant motors. The exception is stuff like what is seen in the exotic N/A motors in Ferrari's, Lambos, and even in a couple non-exotics like the Acura NSX, Honda S2000 and the previous and current gen M3's. Just different ways of making power - and I think that's what you are referring to.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0