04-12-2019, 02:44 PM   #43
Ag3ofShadows
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
Thanks to all of you for all the info shared over several years, we have great folks who have helped me time and again with my numerous questions. I traded in my 18M3 CP MT for a 19 2LT 7MT Corvette Stingray past weekend.

The M3 was great but not as fun like the stingray, the V8 sound and the driving dynamics of a sports car bowled me over and its my 1st sports car. Surely i will miss the 4 doors but have an Acura TL to serve that purpose. Honestly the M3 CP did not impress me much over the 16 non ZCP M3 i owned for 2 1/2 yrs, i liked that car better in terms of rawness and comfort. The suspension in the M3 ZCP was quite harsh even in comfort mode and it amazes me how much smoother suspension the stingray has although being a sports car. Lets hope i love this new beast and maybe some day will be back to a BMW, who knows

Here's some pics

Have fun folks
Quote:
Another reason i missed the moonroof badly and didnt care about the CF roof , there were many times i wished i had the moonroof instead.

It's crazy how much opinions can differ...I'm polar opposite lol. I have a '17 Grand Sport and I'm to the point where I can't wait to get rid of it. I'm just bored of driving it. It's an M7 and sounds incredible, but it just doesn't excite me any more. I also had a '15 Stingray prior so that could be why it feels a bit stagnant too. With that said, I've been driving the same/similar car for about 4 years and ready for something new... I'm torn between the C63 and M4 ZCP right now, and cannot decide what I want. Both have their pros/cons. I've also been offered trade-in values about $8k less than what I owe on the vette so that's a deterrent too. I feel as though my vette ride is stiff as all hell, and every M4 I've test driven felt smooth as butter and much more refined same with the benz obviously.

Also, your last point about the moonroof really hits home. It's nearly impossible to locate a ZCP car WITH a moonroof. The CF roof looks amazing, but I totally would miss the feel of having the targa. Some will say.. well just get the vert. I don't really care for appearance of verts in general, and I'd rather have the sunroof than a CF roof.
How do you like the stingray so far? Do you miss anything about your M3? Regrets?
Appreciate 0