01-18-2020, 11:24 PM   #87
em3atl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnguyennnn View Post
I had an issue with the Kratos turbos awhile back and sent them to Kratos to repair it. I did not agree with the warranty assessment they provided to me and i still do not.

Abid, Kratos's Chief Engineer stated that the failure was not turbo related and it was due to me running Liquimoly oil. He stated that Liquimoly is a bad oil and the turbos were ruined by oil contamination. I do not agree with this one bit as Liquimoly is not bad oil otherwise it would not be such an established brand. Abid also advised that i should not run the Kratos turbos as high powered as i did for daily use. However, it is my car and i will do as i please with my car.

If Liquimoly is such a terrible oil, i don't see why they would promote the fact that the turbos were tested through endurance racing because Strommotorsports ran Liquimoly during their endurance racing with the Kratos turbos. If they did not, then please explain the Liquimoly oil stickers all over their car. You can find pictures of the Strommotorsports car on ASR Kratos's instagram page.

I had a slight whistling noise coming from my engine bay after less than 500 miles from receiving them back from Kratos's warranty work as stated in the Doc Race turbo kit thread. Therefore i had the turbos pulled for inspection and did all of the testing you can do to ensure my engine was not bad. My CarBahn engine passed every test with flying colors.

Due to the fact that i did not agree with Kratos's first warranty report, I had them inspected by a third party so that Abid is not the judge, jury and executioner. I understand letting someone else inspect the turbos is against warranty and if you guys have read my build thread, it is obvious that i do not need money to fix or buy turbos.

I brought them to Forced Performance, otherwise known as one of the best turbo companies in the world as they work closely with Xona Rotors. I do not need to explain how reputable Xona Rotors or Forced Performance is. You can do a quick google search for that. Although Kratos states that their turbos use proprietary parts, that's great for them but at the end of the day, turbos are turbos. Forced Performance did not replace any parts or service them. The turbos were simply disassembled and then reassembled to make sure that nothing was broken before i sold it. Since the turbos were still operational before i brought them in and nothing was broken upon inspection by my third party, i sold them.

I never found out what the root cause of the whistling noise was but my car is currently running perfectly fine with Pureturbos. I do not know what turbos i am going to run next but as of now, i'm going to enjoy the car as is around 600whp on 93OCT.

There is absolutely no other warranty report about my previously owned Kratos turbos besides this one that i have included in this post. There are no pictures that will be shared upon my third party inspection either as i am not going to post what parts Kratos uses as they are proprietary to Kratos and i am not going to disrespect them by posting what parts they use. There is not a service report from my third party either as they were not serviced as i stated above.

If anybody wants to find out what are used inside Kratos turbos, disassemble your own set of Kratos.

The attached pictures are from what Kratos included in my first warranty report. If these pictures show something proprietary, i apologize in advance but i am here to clear the air and i will only post what Kratos has shared with my previously owned Kratos turbos.

Again, i would like to reiterate that this is a thread i created to help grow the platform and i would like this thread to be related to my car only. If anybody wants to open a separate thread about Kratos or discuss them, do it in another thread so that this featured thread stays on topic about my car and my car only.

I would hate for this thread to get locked or deleted as you will probably never see another thread where the owner posts every mod used and what it takes to get this platform to 1000WHP. I do not know what it takes to get threads locked but a few of the other threads Kratos created are locked.

This is my side of the story regarding the turbos and my car and not opinions stated by others in the Doc Race thread.

I will continue to push my car and this platform and i intend to keep posting updates on my car in this thread.
Nice build and sucks that you're at 600whp. I'm sure that's why you built your car and went with Kratos turbos.

Have you ever tried to search for these pending patents? I tried as US current or pending patents can be searched for. I don't have the patent numbers but I'm sure ASR Kratos can provide them as it can be in the public domain. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's spent 8k or thinking about spending 8k that would want to know.
Appreciate 0