View Single Post
      01-19-2023, 05:26 PM   #39
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
I didn't have fuel starvation issues when I first tracked the car - still getting used to the car, building up speed, etc. I could run the car down to the fuel light would come on.
Fast forward to the end of last season, being more comfortable with the car and really pushing, I can't run the car below half a tank without risk of fuel starve. Had a nasty one last season where it was approximately ~1/4 to 1/3 tank and it starved mid-corner, cut power completely, and totally upset the car. Ended up going off track as a result as the back end came out and had a big moment. Luckily this occurred in an area that had good runoff. Since then we're diligent in keeping it above half tank so this won't happen again and potentially in a spot that could end you up in a wall...
Never experienced an issue as long as it's above half tank. Hoping for a nice solution to become available like there is for E36/46's.
Someone needs to Call Fuel-it or one of the big BMW fueling companies and have them design something...until then i start every session with a full tank.
F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 1
tsk941525.00