01-06-2020, 05:06 AM   #91
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropes View Post
Coming from a manual car and having only had a manual for my cars it was a change needless to say. My better half wanted to be able to drive it and gets stressed out with a manual especially if there are hills. I didn't think I would care for it despite the speed of the shifts but after some time with it I found it a real joy. It is some where between a manual and an automatic. In stop and go traffic it takes finesse to be smooth like a manual and when just cruising it is an automatic. When pushing the car it is nice having the ability to fire off shifts and your hands don't need to leave to steering wheel. It is not as "rewarding" I guess you can say but then again I find that lower powered lighter cars are more rewarding with a manual over heavy higher powered ones.
That last part +1. I really liked the 6MT, but when I drove the DCT, I was like, this is what the car was built for. It's too big and heavy imho to be a real blast with a stick in every day driving. Was still fun hitting those shifts, but having to do it all day every day in something that big I don't miss

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0