View Single Post
      07-31-2015, 04:52 PM   #29
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
I ordered it on my M4 but my dealer messed up and left it off. I have it on my e93 M3 and the difference is very subtle. I think it's a worthwhile addition at the price, but don't expect a night and day difference. It's just not there on normal roads. Maybe if the roads were really bad it might be more noticeable...not many pot holes or frost heaves around here.
I have had 6 e9xs (two without EDC and four with, two without ZCP and 4 with ZCP - no non-ZCP EDC cars) and I am on my second F8x (F80 with passive and F82 with active).

I didn't see much difference in the e9x and ran Ohlins on 3 of them with EDC coded off and was happy.

On the F8x, I'm much more torn, the passive suspension was decently harsh, somewhere between Sport and Sport Plus on the EDC car. I think there is a much larger difference in the modes vs the e9x but also that Sport Plus is much more useable in the F8x. Sport Plus on the E9x was so stiff that you end up skipping over bumps, especially as the suspension wore - The F8x avoids most of that. I did H&Rs then KW v3 on the passive F80, and won't do either of those on the F82 with EDC - I'm going to give the Swift springs a shot and see where that gets me. I didn't like the H&Rs on the F80 at all, after a few weeks, the car felt bouncy and unsettled and I didn't feel that way, driving a friend's car with EDC and H&Rs. We'll see.

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0