View Single Post
      10-24-2019, 01:55 PM   #130
RMDZidane
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
I have the same concern. Would be funny as hell to have 2 different tones with valves open and closed though haha. From the ~30 minutes of research I've done regarding what's currently on the market, it looks like Borla S type and ATAK might be the only valveless muffler with 2 entrances. The problem is that the entrances to the muffler are on the ends, which means some wonky pipework would be needed on the passenger side to get the extra 14 inches of pipe to fit.

My local fabricator said he would make a custom muffler, but I'm thinking I'll need to go E46 M3 style with both entrances on the driver's side, with a horizontal muffler and passenger side exit. My only concern right now is if I need to merge those 2 pipes into 1 before entering the muffler. I'm going to try to get under a lift to figure this all out. All these aspects are theoretically simple, but it's a different story once you get under the car and realize what clearances you thought you had don't exist.

Hey nt, I'm adding the 14156 resonators to my exhaust today. Seeing what you did gave me the inspiration because I'm trying to stop a tiny bit of rasp that creeps in at full throttle....I'm confident it will work. I'm installing them in a staggered fashion so that the drivers side will be ~14" in front. My theory is that will keep the sound 'correct', at least to me.
2013 BMW X1 xDrive 35i
Appreciate 0