Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M4 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by djMpower View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DML View Post
But how's the day to day experience, cabin noise too invasive to carry on a conversation? Everything else for me is a go but I hardly drive alone unless work related. I'm still on the bubble here....
Everything else is amazing. Literally 0 complaints. Cabin noise arguably sounds better because due to less sound dampening you hear more of the exhaust, but not to a degree that it's invasive or that would interfere with a conversation. For me personally the no door pockets help a lot for less clutter since I used to keep a lot of junk paper in there. It's honestly pretty great. If I had to try and force a complaint I would say the audio system is noticeably worse than the HK in my old M4. Not bad enough that it's not tolerable, but it's not as punchy and certainly does not get as loud. I used to listen to podcasts and music at 40-50% volume. With this, especially on podcasts, I'm going to 70-80%.
Agreed on all points here.
Though, the audio is really not that bad.

As for lesser sound deadening in the CS:

I usually do my driving with both windows down, when you do this, you don't realize a difference.

But during fall and winter, I really grew to enjoy driving with the windows closed as you realize how much more mechanical noise (rear diff, engine, gravel hitting underside of car) comes thru to inside of the cabin.

It just feels authentic, unfiltered and slightly raw. Mix that with the luxurious feel of the Alcantara/leather upholstery with a squeak/rattle free solid build quality, and it makes you feel like you're in a really high quality car.
Appreciate 2
DML967.50
CanAutM321116.50