View Single Post
      06-07-2020, 08:48 PM   #37
djMpower
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 SSII F82 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gripenM View Post
Now with the shifting, the CS DCT tune is much more aggressive (feels, sounds amazing) compared to the base M4 I had before. You're fooling yourself if you think you can down shift quicker in a manual. (First 100,000km of my driving life was done on manual)
Nope. I'm not comparing hypothetical shifts, I'm comparing real life shifts that I did in my '18 6MT ZCP vs. my '20 DCT CS. I'll grant you that at times DCT can downshift rather quickly, but a lot of the times it seems to get confused and there can be upwards of a 1s delay between pressing the paddle and having the transmission engage. If you know how to heel-toe properly you can complete a full shift in less than half a second. Under ideal circumstances DCT beats that, but in real world driving most of the time it doesn't.

Plus, the shift settings don't make too much sense. To get ideal downshifts you want it set to level 3. Except, in level 3, upshifts are so aggressive that they can throw the car out of balance or even kick traction control in. Then if you lower the shift setting to 1 or 2, upshifts are perfect but it laaaags on downshifts. Since you said you've spent time in a GT3RS you should have firsthand experience of how much better PDK is at both. I'm not hating on the car overall -- I love it in fact -- but DCT is far from a perfect transmission. I've driven ZF8's that performed better.