///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkenc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Gotcha. I'm not sure I even like full screen. My wife's X3 has it and my M4 has split screen.
I initially wished it had full screen functionality, but then I started using it daily and realized that I appreciated being able to see the navigation screen side-by-side with the Spotify media info. Subjective, for sure, but I'm no longer wanting full screen mode.

FWIW, I don't experience any lag or connectivity issues with CarPlay in my M4. Engine on, Carplay auto connects wirelessly in 1-2 seconds, and I'm good to go. I don't have in-car wifi, just my phone carrier connection.

I don't have Waze, but I find Google Maps a tad more accurate than iDrive maps. Also, it's just easier to go between Google Maps and Spotify (since they're both on the same CarPlay screen) than toggling between iDrive Maps and iDrive Media using separate buttons.
Yeah. I've found that it's nice to have split screen and keep the music etc etc.... on the other screen. Either way I've come to like Carplay for the most part.
Appreciate 1