Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalko43 View Post
I did read it. That's why I asked those questions, which were more rhetorical than anything else...but thanks for your input.
So delighted to note that you must have read this:

Quote:
(5) Before you say anything: I am not suggesting these comparisons actually mean much, if anything at all. (this was done on a slow day for fun). The only comparison that really matters to me is my own. BUT….I thought it might be something fun to do/look at all at once. So before you tell me how you don't like me doing this at all, stop, go get a drink, talk to your wife/girlfriend/children/mother/dog and then see if you still care enough to complain that I did this. Thanks
....but your wife/girlfriend/children/mother/dog/bottle-of-booze didn't dissuade you so 'post' you did....

Beyond that, frankly your first post partly explains why I created the thread. The 'common wisdom' that everyone thinks X or Y can become an institutional belief, but its often wrong. In fact, the link right at the start of the original post here was to a long post I created to challenge the 'common wisdom' that 'everyone thought the E9X was never criticized or beaten. Neither was true, as that first compilation showed (see here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=989324)

So, mostly just for interest, I thought I would keep a compilation to document the historical record on the F8X - so that 5 years from now when someone says "everyone hated it / it always lost" or "it always won" we'd know. In other words, it is just to document the historical record in one place, rather than leaving it subject to the whims of collected wisdom, nostalgia and problematic memories.

(For instance, even the RC-F - at least one review gave it a win, so you'd be losing already on that score)

If you don't care about the history, that's cool, but I guess you can move along rather than posting on this thread - wouldn't that be the easier option that stays true to an apathetic ethos?