12-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #11
Pic18
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 Comp, Spec E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
Yes, you will most likely have to drop the control arm to swap springs in the rear. If you want to keep the same camber settings, just mark all the bolts with a Sharpie before loosening. That way you can go back to the correct settings.

If you change springs to a different rate or raise/lower the height, you will have to adjust the camber and toe settings again anyways. Some people get their alignment done with their different springs and mark them with different colored Sharpies or paint marker. This way you can always go to your preset camber/toe settings when you swap between springs. Still, others have the patience and know-how to do the alignment on their own.
Like I said in my comment I know you can just mark the bolt, but I would still be concerned things moved around a bit. Likely it wouldn’t really be enough to have a major effect (maybe a quarter degree or less?) which would make realigning each time not really worth it. Nonetheless I think I would rather live with one set of springs and crank down the rebound and compression on the street rather than switching back and forth. Just my two cents.
Appreciate 0