View Single Post
      12-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #10
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Let's get one thing straight, there is real tuning and there is piggyback tuning. Cobb, Burger and Vishnu are all piggyback tunes and are NOT real tunes. When the new M3/M4 comes out there will no doubt be piggyback tunes available, but please keep this in mind as it is NOT a real tune. The new M3/M4's will be on serious lockdown, just like several of the other new BMW's and they will be much more difficult to develop a real tune for. I have heard that it could take several months or up to a couple of years to develop real tunes due to the lockdown of the cars' DME's.

Now I will not be getting a piggyback tune on my new M3/M4 as I do not believe in tricking the car into thinking that it is functioning normal. I have seen time and time again folks with these piggyback tunes fail on the track. They get two laps into their session and they overheat or go into limp mode. I guess if you don't track and can live with tricking your car into thinking it is running as normal then more "power" to you. I myself do not subscribe to such piggyback tunes and will wait until the real tunes are available or just get a new car with more power.

Just my two cents!

GTS
Appreciate 0