View Single Post
      09-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #201
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotik View Post
4 months ago I sold my E90 m3 (with ESS SC 600hp). I loved that car with a passion. However I felt that i put a lot of strain on it, and a lot of miles (65k), so i sold it and got 08 Z06(pretty much even trade). Got the Z shipped to Germany, and in 2 months put 9k miles on it. Right now i'm seriously considering selling and either getting back into E9x m3 and throwing SC on it again, or new m3... I am sceptical of turbo engine on m3 car. Most people, like me, do a dual duty of DD and Track, and for some reason i have a feeling that there will be heating issues. I don't know how much R/D went into this car, so it's just my guess (maybe 2 laps around the nurburgring and you then you are cooling off on the sideline?). Plus, what will be modding potential? If I remember correctly, most people with N54/55 get to about 450hp safely, and after that it's unreliable. Although GTR's have a v6, and able to handle ton of power... i dunno, curious to see. I would love to see m3 put GTR to shame (stock for stock/mod for mod). My SC'ed m3 was neck to neck with FBO 09 GTR.
You have to ask yourself what the SC 600hp upgrade on the M3 cost you, and you got rid of it because it was going to blow up in the near future/warranty issues. That's the way I read it.

Our hobby costs money, either you put it in a SC on your E9x M3 or buy a new F80 M3.

I never had any heat issues on my former and current N54 and I'm not a slow one myself, trackdays/driftdays etc.

Talking about R/D and 2 laps NS plus cooling off on the sideline, lol, I remember doing a trackday at Assen MotoGP track with my ex stock E90 M3, after 3 laps(and those are not NS laps U know) my frontbrakes were totally gone and my FRONTtyres didn't have any grip at all. So if it's not the engine having issues it's always something else

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0