View Single Post
      12-31-2017, 03:54 PM   #67
EstrlM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
The skill and knowledge required to properly tune a car is very different from the skill and knowledge required to code. Knowing how to code doesn't mean you know how to tune. He's been selling his e9x tune for a few years yet still not a single dyno posted showing whether the tune makes the claimed power (whp or chp?) or AFR vs RPM.

Your Apple example isn't even remotely the same thing - they spend years engineering and developing a new product before its release. Throwing a few "switches" without dyno tuning and data logging and then calling it a tune isn't even close to being a developed product.
I may be misunderstanding what is happening here but I thought all that was being offered was a CP file for non CP cars, a CS file for non CS cars and a GatS file for Non GTS cars. These are not the factory tunes from BMW?

I thought .5, 1, and 2 were the above with the exception being a 2+ which is a factory GTS tune with some modifications added and keeping in place all factory safe guards.

If it is a factory file I don’t see how that’s the same as needing a dyno to be a full tuner to be a safe file.
Appreciate 0