View Single Post
      01-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #86
EstrlM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
You're mischaracterizing what transpired. No one bum rushed and there was no fear mongering. Requesting data and asking a series of questions for a new product/service is table stakes as far as I'm concerned. If questions aren't answered in a satisfactory manner that typically breeds more questions. There's nothing to "get". It's very simple.

These inquiries are valid irrespective of the tune being "OEM-like" or not. It appears you're intimating we should just trust Alex and simply hand over our monies, no questions asked for a product/service he's never provided before for this platform. And that's absolutely no disrespect to Alex as he has a sterling reputation on the forums. What transpired was basic consumer due diligence.
I was insinuating that someone can be trusted based on reputation for a safe "factory like" tune. I wasn't trying to say anyone should blindly trust but lets not conflate "custom dyno tune" and needing to see maps with something that uses stock BMW tunes as a blueprint.

It's overkill. I thinkl everyone should be able to see the info but to freak out about not having it 48 hours after it's asked for over the Christmas / New Years holiday week is silly. Most people don't even work that week.
Appreciate 0