x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarlcase View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by x.shell View Post
If I were you, I'd stop driving the car. Do you have the proper aluminum top hat in your possession?

You have a basic knowledge of mechanics. The top of the spring isn't seated properly. The rubber seat is all that's keeping the spring from contacting your camber plates and marring it up. Even so, when you turn the wheels, the spring is getting "caught" on the rubber and twisting out of shape. Possibly coming in contact with the shock piston shaft and even putting undue lateral pressure on the piston shaft. There's a lot that could go wrong. There's no real precedent for "what could go wrong" because that is the most incompetent suspension install I've ever seen on this forum.

If you have the correct top hat, install it yourself. It's quite easy to do. If you don't, contact TC Kline, get the right one. If you don't want to do the install yourself, tow it to a proper shop. Don't let the previous shop even touch the car.
I checked the boxes and I didn't find any top hat. If I'm understanding correctly, the top hats for the fronts are possibly installed in the rear incorrectly?
I don't know man. You didn't post anything regarding the rear. That being said, it's near impossible to make the front top hat work for the rear. You'd have to deliberately cut things up to do something as dumb as that.
Appreciate 0