United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Yes you're definitely in the minority in regards to the sound of the AMG

I'm really curious why so many folks on here are so eager to defend BMW? My thinking (and I suspect a few auto journalists like Sutcliffe's thinking) is that the less enthusiam we show and the less we settle for the changes BMW is imposing on us, the more likely BMW will build a better car (competition version can't come soon enough). Today more so than ever consumers can shape the direction of a brand.

And let's not use regulations and emissions as a scapegoat because every other OEM has to play by the same rules and in fact the true measure is how OEMs adapt to the new rules while still keeping its core DNA.

Nobody is saying BMW didn't build a great car, what some are questioning is did they build the best car they could build? Still inconclusive of course.
I couldnt agree more. BMW has softened all their cars to the point that they lose every shootout to frikkin audi which is the worst of the 3 imo, all their cars are based on Front Wheel Drive VW architecture. The S5 which is 6 years old trounced the 435M Sport recently. The fact that he likes the C63 507 better and its 6 years old about to be replaced says a lot IMO. The M3/M4 are disappointing to me at least. They just dont feel that special. Out of curiosity i built and optioned a 435 M sport with typical discounts and you can lease for high 500's....The M4 is mid-high 1000's...I just don't see how the M4 is double the price its not a 100% better car....The looks are disappointing as well, again just doesnt look that special
+1