View Single Post
      04-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #70
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I've actually landed on Thursday 4 am. Just needed some time to organize and work on my videos. Another issue is to get used to the ATS-V again . It is very slow now.

So I've landed on Sunday night in Munich. Went to sleep and woke up on the next morning to get my rental:

What am I actually saying in this video is that I have landed in Munich last night, staying at the Holiday inn express and this is my car for the next two days . Then I just describe what this car is but I'm sure I do not need to translate it to you

As I mentioned before, drove on the first day to Kufstein. There were actually some very narrow roads at the beginning. That 3 Euros road is impossible to hammer a Lambo there. The A8 wasn't a good Autobahn for high speeds. There was traffic and lots of speed limits.

That Motorcyclist in front of me wanted to humiliate me and he indeed succeeded but its not fare when you know well the machine you are driving in and know the road

As I got closer to Kufstein, the roads got better and better.

On my way back I drove to Bernhard´s Stammhaus - Restaurant and as I mentioned before, it was closed.

Got back to Munich after ~3 hours of driving.

On my second day I drove to south Bavaria to get in the end to the famous Kesselberg road. Here is a video a bit before Kesselberg with a tunnel sound

And the famous Kesselberg road:

On the second day I got confidence in driving the Lambo and the A96 was a much better Autobahn than the A8 so I got to my highest speed over there (starting at 1:45):

I have returned the car on the second day at the afternoon.
BTW, my hotel had an underground parking lot which was great but no good places to eat around. On, both, my first and my second days, I needed to walk for at least 25 minutes to find a good place to eat according to Foursquare.

On my last day I took a taxi to the Marianplatz. Indeed a very nice area with lots of people (mostly tourists and Real fans). There were some very nice building and statues. As you recommended, lots of places to buy cloths but not as cheap as I imagined. Cheaper than here but this is not a surprise
I really enjoyed the Galeria Kaufhof shop which is 5 stories high and has everything inside. Actually bought most of my stuff there.

Sadly I've decided to give up the leberkase because if I snack that, I won't be able to eat a proper meal later on so when I got hungry, I went to the Haxnbauer im Scholastikahaus which was very tasty. I've ordered the "½ PORK KNUCKLE" which was juicy and good!! BTW, meals are huge in Germany. I couldn't finish the main dish in all the restaurants I have been in.

I really liked the Marianplatz area and wished I could be there some more but my flight was at 22:00 o'clock and there was lots of traffic from the city to the allianz arena. Next time I'll stay at least another day after I return the car.
Not sure if I'll be in Germany again on September (Car show in Frankfurt) or October (in either Munich or Frankfurt).

Again, thanks a lot for all the tips!!!
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10538.50