View Single Post
      01-07-2020, 08:59 AM   #61
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
No one asks for an Automatic M3. Bias much? In fact less than 25% ask for manual and each iteration of the M3 has seen less and less manuals. Just because a 10 year old can drive a dct proves nothing. Are you suggesting F1 racings is for 10 year olds because they use dcts?

I own two manual cars (65 Corvair Corsa; 07 911) and they are great, but the dct is also great (and I use it in manual mode 99% of the time).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjposner View Post
No one asks for an Automatic M3. Bias much? In fact less than 25% ask for manual and each iteration of the M3 has seen less and less manuals. Just because a 10 year old can drive a dct proves nothing. Are you suggesting F1 racings is for 10 year olds because they use dcts?

I own two manual cars (65 Corvair Corsa; 07 911) and they are great, but the dct is also great (and I use it in manual mode 99% of the time).
My apologies....

(FYI: I worked part time for Carmax about 9 years ago. Fantastic experience great business model. I did very well! You have one of the best positions there; congratulations)

I mixed in some sarcasm in my original post

I was trying to say the general public typically drives automatics; enthusiasts or not.

Since a vast majority of the F80's are automatic and carbon roofs.

The request would be for the rare 6 speed more often than not; along with a sunroof.

I test drove a DCT it was cool. I just felt like I was pretending to be a racer. It was genuinely foreign to me.

I've never owned an automatic car ever.

If I went with a 5 series I'd get the automatic. In that segment I'd get the ES 350.

I'm either all in M3 or totally numb Lexus!
Appreciate 0