View Single Post
      11-19-2017, 10:30 PM   #25
jeffucd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicL View Post
Thanks for you detailed review on the set. I have been looking for a coilover set and doing some research recently. I am now kind of struggled to pick among KW CS2, TCKR D/A, AST 5200 and Moton 2-Way Sport. I have got some questions to ask and I wish you can give some help.

1. If I am not wrong, the way how you can use the remote canisters to adjust the set (both AST and Moton) is more convenient than most of other brands, I can't actually tell on most of pictures how you can adjust them (I guess most of them requires to take rims off???).

2. Since AST acquired Moton years ago, and now Moton is like a premium line of AST, I can't really tell the difference between AST 5200 and Moton 2-Way Sport in terms of the ways of adjustment. With around $1500 price difference, I am not sure if Moton has that much quality advanced.

3. What is the double digressive piston different from a standard one, I saw a option on the order page.

Thank you so much!!!
FYI - Drew at Sonic is who helped me to both choose and install the AST's on the car.

I'll take some pics of their work, but there are (4) total remote canisters: (2) in the engine compartment secured to the carbon fiber strut tower brace, and (2) in the trunk by the handle that releases the rear seats for dropping down. They're very easy to access and haven't gotten in the way so far. Drew has mentioned that the other control is on the shock: I haven't tried adjusting this.

I haven't been in a car with the Motons, but if I was imagining a more hardcore version of the 5200, it would be louder and less streetable. Also, likely with performance improvements I wouldn't notice.

I'd be interested in driving with someone that has the 5100 and the KWV3. Didn't really cross shop them before taking the plunge, but after living with the car for a bit, I'm not sure I'll need the adjustability and would consider going with the V3's instead if there was good savings.
Appreciate 0