12-25-2015, 05:40 AM   #170
Account Closed
Smarty Pants
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I'm guessing Akra will be $7,400 for the system... unless they do valves, then more like $8,500.
In my opinion, not worth the money...AT ALL. $8500 can get you a built engine. $8500 for an exhaust? You definitely have to be out of your mind to buy it. I don't care how much research they do, that is just way too much for pipes and a mod for some more sound. Especially for the gains....10-15hp? and some more noise? Get a downpipe, open your stock valves, and you will get a ton of noise, get the those turbos spooling faster, and save $7000..and probably make more power. In addition to the car's exhaust looking stock to police and everyone else, which is what you should want. Or at least for christ sake buy an exhaust that doesn't cost THAT much. $8500 with valves, and WITHOUT installation? Pssshhh

Go speak to car guys and tell them you spent $8500 for an exhaust system and they'll laugh at you.

And no offense to you brother, just wanted to make a point using your statement...and incase people are wondering, I had the Akra exhaust and stock cats, took the exhaust and sold it (since it was given to me for free), purchased an ER downpipe and did the valve mod on the stock exhaust and omg, huge difference. I feel the turbo spooling way faster, sound is better in my opinion, much deeper, and way more cost-efficient if you are considering buying. AND, no hassle from the Police....cops are smart, just by looking at the tips, they'll know the car is modded and it can be another reason to get pulled over. People always tell me that my car sounds amazing and that they can hear the turbos spooling...they bend over and look under the car and see that I have a stock exhaust and they're shocked that the car sounds so good. I don't tell them that I have downpipes, since they're completely hidden

You get the best of both worlds...you save a ton of money, get performance (with a proper tune, a lot more performance), and sound...some deep sound, especially at low RPMs.

I'm sorry, I can't swallow $8500...or $7000 or even $4000 for an exhaust system...anything more than $3000 and you're paying for something that ain't there.

****And please peeps don't say that you can't get a proper exhaust for a good price..you can. Go to a professional muffler shop and when I say professional, I mean professional...someone with 20+ years welding exhausts together...and have a welder weld you up a custom aluminum exhaust system that will not only reject heat very quickly, but the whole thing will be super light. They can very easily follow the curvature of any exhaust. If you REALLY want performance, go straight pipe and get it custom for roughly $2000-3000...that will make MORE power than having a muffler in the equation, and you'll definitely get some noise out of that thing. <---(for all the "track" guys) Straight pipes: follow the curvature needed to make the exhaust fit snug, and that's it...you'll get the same, if not more power than any exhaust with a muffler (which every aftermarket exhaust has). In addition, aluminum pipes at muffler shops are way easier to find and work with than Titanium. Aluminum is lighter than Titanium too, since it is less dense. You just want a light pipe, with no restrictions....I think Aluminum straight piped would be the BEST for performance....especially for an M4. Titanium for an M4 is overkill.

Last edited by Account Closed; 12-27-2015 at 12:39 AM..
Appreciate 3