View Single Post
      09-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #42
Eddy@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit View Post
could you guys try and fit a 17 in the rear of a standard brake car?
We did this test when the cars first came out. 17's do not clear. Our 17" wheels have a huge barrel and fit over some 6 piston 355mm BBK's, but they could not clear the stock M3/M4 brakes. They're huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweezil
Could you make please make comparison for us too between standard oem setup and test fitment as to MDM intervention as this proposed test setup with have larger difference front to rear diameter than stock.
The article is taking a while as we outlined every brand/model/size tire combo that can be run on the car, outlining pros/cons of each fitment. This includes OD diameter changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc
When you post that white paper with your findings, would you mind putting a link in this post? I've been eagerly awaiting this wheel and don't want to miss out on the information.

Much obliged.
Will do. I'm trying to find the time to complete the article, as there are a fair number of photos that need editing still. A lot is happening with our engineers and the factory at the same time, so no time is being lost while you guys wait on me