Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpsobj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
I did the 30k mile service myself after getting quotes from the dealership, a local BMW-exclusive shop, and a European specific shop. Quoted prices were $1900, $1500, and $1100, respectively.

I did it myself in about 5 hours for $350 including all parts/oil and tools. Not hard at all. I used the money I saved as an excuse to by an AA Single midpipe I bought off another forum member and still saved a couple hundred $$
Yep -- after similar quotes, I'm just gonna do it all myself. Turn it into a whole afternoon and give it a nice detail as well.

Nice call on the AA Midpipe as well. I've been thinking about that same item.
I highly recommend it. I didn't get the equal length because, frankly, I didn't think it sounded any better and wasn't worth the additional cost to me. I got mine for only $600

I was originally looking at getting downpipes but the labor, passing emissions, and additional cost persuaded me to just start with a midpipe.

It made a huge difference, especially when driving with spirit. Occasional pops and burbles, slightly louder, and more throaty (non-ZCP). Install was under 3 hours. Honestly you could probably get your maintenance done and the midpipe in a single day
Appreciate 2
SCS55291.00