United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
It doesn't have inferior sound. But your original post was factually incorrect. The piped in sound isn't to cover up a "crappy sound", it's to enhance the induction sound to aid in allowing the driver knowing when to shift through sound alone. We can argue all day about the sound and get no where, many former E9X owners love the sound of the F8X and have commented that it's actually louder than the E9X in stock form.

As for lag, the fact that this car has anti-lag isn't a step backward, it's a step forward. Find me another production turbo car that has this feature. Sure lag is a tradeoff (very minimal at that and even less at the track) but you what you gain is a ton of torque.

All cars have tradeoffs. You seem to let the few negative (IMO, almost nonexistent) attributes of the F8X to completely overshadow how much of a leap forward it is as a total package.

But this thread isn't another F8X vs E9X thread (it's amazing how some people can turn any thread into this stupid debate), it's about one amazing car vs another amazing car.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0