View Single Post
      07-13-2015, 10:12 AM   #57
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

I actually really like the Brake Calipers on this car. It's super easy. I owned a GTR so the process is really the same, but with less steps.

I also Take the Cap of the brake reservoir to relieve the Master Cylinder. I actually blew a seal on my E92 Master compressing the pistons with the reservoir cap left on.

But yeah:

Use a punch the remove the pins. Remove the spring. I punch one pin first, then pull out the spring and then punch out the other pin. The pins come in and out easier if you can take the tension off them from the spring. I own a spreader so I use that until the pads bottom out. Pull up the pads, slip in the new ones. Put the Pin back in on one side first with no spring so the resistance doesn't work against you. Slip the spring in, and compress it by hand or with a tool and punch the other pin back in. To prevent chipping the caliper I seat the pin with the broad side of another punch I don't use. I also use a compact ball peen as my tool. Pretty much the same process for the rear. Zip tie the Sensor out of the way. I've actually just left mine out permanently.
Appreciate 0