View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #16
EstorilM240
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Awesome View Post
Is there any dealer that I can just call up and do a refresh over the phone instead of going to my local and arguing with them that the refresh alone shouldn't be $700?

I would call a few dealer finance departments in your state, being very upfront with what you are buying/want (it should be a very quick transaction for them). If you have model year 2017 or newer, ask them for just the "SH" / 301 refresh for $100. Even if they try to do the whole $700 (100+600) refresh + maintenance plan over the phone or in person, when you get the two sets of paperwork, only fill out the $100 SH one and pay for that one. Some dealers will be willing to do a transaction over the phone/email - I've seen it done with a photo of the odometer, etc. My own $100 SH refresh was done in person, and the dealer pushed two sets of paperwork showing that the $100 SH+$600 MP was separate (despite saying it needed to be $700) - I actually ended up canceling the $600 MP same-day for full refund (which you can also do since you're in Illinois), but it's simpler to just not sign/buy the extra $600. You can also sic the BMWNA on a dealer who is obfuscating or not playing ball, asking for a "dealer assist", which may be helpful in getting dealers to behave long-term.

Given that it's December 2019, most of the people coming in for refreshes will be MY2017, 2018, 2019 and they cannot hide this info for much longer, but it is in their interest to continue lying and upselling the $700.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsokos
I just brought my 330e in for the first time. Purchased used privately with 39k so they say I can’t do the refresh since it’s already gone by mileage (makes sense). My question is... they gave me a pamphlet with purchasing BMW Ultimate Care+ at astronomical rates (handwritten), and then at the bottom it says OR extended maintenance $899 to go up to 5yr/75k but I can’t find anywhere that says what that covers? If I’m understanding correctly the difference between ultimate care+ and ultimate care extended maintenance is the brake pads and tele-service but I’m hesitant to think that’s correct since the price difference is exactly 3x.
Check your car on https://bmwusaservice.com/ultimatecare, you probably are being offered the Ultimate Care Scheduled for $899, which covers the same items as the original 36K - so no brake pads, brake rotors, wipers, etc. You can do the math on if it's worth it for a 330e based on your expected mileage. Keep in mind if you keep doing service at a dealer most prices will be near 30-70% more than an indie including for non-covered ones like alignments and tires

Last edited by EstorilM240; 12-11-2019 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 0