View Single Post
      08-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #116
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

In my opinion GT-R performance wise is in a different league than M3/M4, C63 or RS5. Neither car can touch GT-R for out right performance.

I am not so sure myself if M4 is gonna give that much of a different flavor than highly modified N54 335i. It will be better in some areas for sure but the flavor will be too similar I think for my taste specially given the price of an M4 might wait for M2 as it might be lighter and bit more hardcore. Thus, for now going C7 direction myself even though I really like the Jaguar F-Type and Cayman GTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFish View Post
Ok, back on topic....

The more and more I read, I keep coming back to the M4...

Current: 335i full bolt ons- putting out prob close to M4 power, issues: can't get the power down, squirms because it wasn't designed to have that much power, torque steer...
Choice: M4 - issues, traction gEtting the power down - new M4 owners, is this as big a deal as the magazines say?
Choice: C63 507: issues: traction, tail happy, doesn't handle as well as M4, bad gas mileage
Choice: RS5: issues: under steer, bad mileage, wait for new model?
Choice: GTR: issues, not refined, noises, expensive to maintain

M4 is truly an all rounder, it is beautiful, fast, the full package. Coming from a FBO 335, 6MT, is the really big difference going to be the DCT?

I hate my car spinning all my performance away, will the M4 have this same issue? The articles all say this is the case which is why I was going to go all wheel drive.

AMG owners does the 507 get it's power down?
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0