View Single Post
      04-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #37
Lexor1704
Bimmer Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 2016 Tanzanite M3

I was just driving a 340i m sport as my loaner while my M3 was getting the M HAS springs installed, if anyone is on the fence about these springs just do it I could not get ZCP because my 2016 was too early and this really transformed the car, and it was nice and in some ways felt more reponsive because you have far more traction but it is in no way shape or form like my M3. Beyond engine and suspension there are so many other changes you cannot easily replicate that make the M3 what it is, carbon fiber driveshaft for rotational mass, insanely high chassis rigidity and a group of folks that spent months focusing on ways to make it better. I drove a modded 335, loved that E90, before this M3 and it was fast and it was fun but it would have been left for dead on a track with this M3. While it is tempting to look at "close enough" when spending this much on a car is cost really a reason any of us buy these cars? At least on this board I believe it is about the passion M cars evoke and the no excuses results we get from these cars. Yes this generation is not perfect and some folks will point out flaws and how they are not as good as they should be but when you look at this M car from the perspective of performance, everyday driving and track ability they are very hard to touch and the reason they cost what they do. Embrace the M side!