RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
Yes RMB, but when you decided to buy a 2012 M3 knowing the car started production 2007 and its 7 years old, and it was in the verge of being replaced by a completely redesigned new generation, you knew the resale value would take a big hit, yes every car loses money, but current gen is current gen, if you get the 2014 M4 and sell it in 2015, you wont lose as much as getting the 2013 M3 and selling it in 2014.

This is car buying 101 why on earth would anyone buy a 2012 or 2013 M3 knowing that the car is going to be replace and its in the LAST YEARS of production, i mean you bought a 70k car that was guaranteed to become obsolete in 1 year of ownership, to summarize: irrational decisions, but to each his own
The E92 has won just about all of its reviews and I almost took an RS5 because I had just sold my 2011 S4 (nice car), but I wanted to experience this vehicle. It has been great to be able to experience the car for the values that it is known for (though not perfect, but what is): V8, steering, no mechanical issues or problems, etc.

I knew that a new design was coming down the pipeline (something always is), but now I can say I experienced both the NA and FI. I look forward to picking up my new M4 as I have my money and spot locked in at the dealership. Whatever I sell the M3 for won't make a difference and by this time next year I can compare and contrast the virtues of both. I plan on buying a lot of cars and other things through my life and in the end I really enjoy all of the vehicles I have owned or will own. Life is good and no complaints from me.
Appreciate 0