CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefermeister View Post
I have a Nardo grey 19 sport back. I went back and forth between f80 M3 and Alfa Romeo quadrofoglio, then test drove the Rs5. The car just felt much more planted and comfortable with all the creature comforts inside. It's also subjectively more sexy to me compared to the other options. And I like the most up to date model when I spend a ton on a new car, so with G series m3 on the horizon, I went with the RS5. All are great cars. Very similar in performance at least to me. I didn't thrash these cars during test drive but being an older driver and living in NE, Quattro option was very attractive to me. I have Michelin A/S 3+ on there and drive it year round. I have two kids and also own a e92 M3 which is even with its age a much more thrilling car to drive with the exhaust note and high revving engine. But the four doors make it super convenient and the Rs5 is just an incredible daily. I think a lot of people, me included don't understand all the functions and individual setting on this car and don't have it properly set up. One thing that makes the car seem quiet and non RS like is how the Audi programming defaults everything to comfort at every restart of the engine. On dynamic mode, the car really does wake up. I'm a sucker for speed from stop at red light and blowing everyone away and don't really ever get into a roll race or racing on public roads in general. I had a Jeep SRT before this and stop light to stop light stuff is what I always enjoyed blowing other cars away from the dig. So, for me, this was a great choice to complement my e92 M3. Again, perhaps because I'm older and I need to at least appear professional when I arrive at work with this car. Nice and super quiet in comfort mode and unbelievably quick on dynamic mode. It fits me.
Exactly, it all depends what one is after. I am also of the opinion that the RS4/5 are better daily drivers than the M3/4.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 2
bsmf8x778.50
GERMAN M34181.00