View Single Post
      01-05-2022, 01:00 PM   #9
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Quick update here. No detectable leak within the intercooler when I actually got everything apart. Used it as an excuse to install a J-pipe. I used a CTS pipe and the fitment was actually.. kinda tough, but that's neither here nor there.

J-pipe looked spotless with the exception of a tiny oil smudge in the bottom of it, which I assume is mostly vacuum related from the port on the side.

Logs all seem really normal on the fuel pressure side too. It's never hard to start. Also interesting is the smoke doesn't always start immediately. I left the driveway yesterday and then pulled out onto the street when I saw a big cloud behind me, but all totally fine before. Car drives fine in all conditions and doesn't smoke when out driving around normally.

I tossed a GoPro on the bumper to video for a while and all looks totally fine until we get to WOT/full boost. That's when I get a trail of slightly lighter colored smoke (at least from what I can tell). Possibly a combination of water vapor and oil?

Doing more research and digging suggests that the next logical path is to pull the downpipes and see if there's anything more internal that's visible.

Also interesting is the oil level continues to be totally full, so it's a minimal amount of burn right now, so it's quite hard to troubleshoot.

Will update the thread as I learn more and move forward.