12-18-2013, 08:18 PM   #92
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
i have been saying stuff like that for a while. simply put we have to many non M owners here right now. that really never experienced what those engines were about. to blinded by turbo engines to see that there IS in factor more to cars than power. sure turbo engines are great and all. but there is drawbacks. i would say people who own a 335i right now, are all going to be happy with the M4 engine.

its like a really rich and greedy person. its hard for them to see that there is more to life than money.
I think you paint with too broad a brush and make too many assumptions. Many of us 335i/328i/320i owners have owned M3's before (..in my case, I've owned 5; two E46 M3's and three E9X M3's). I'm impartial really. I don't really care whether a car is N/A or F/I. All I care about is a responsive, 'fun to drive' demeanor, and I'm not invested in the pro-N/A or pro-turbo arguments. I have never touched the motor on any BMW I've owned (..I grew out of that in the B-Series motor swapping Honda days), but I always work the suspension over.

Is your 2013 your first ///M car? You seem to romanticize things a bit.
Appreciate 0