07-30-2019, 01:55 AM   #10
unrealeck
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
Hmm that's tricky... brake discs not an issue but what I dont get/comprehend is

1. I would put the failed test as a typo initially

2. But why take 4 months to do the work?

It that just makes no business sense to park it up for a few months doing nothing with it.

Name the company and maybe others on here will have previous dealings with them and can comment.

Also I'd ask the question to them and also ask for previous owners name (they wont give you to much details due to privacy crap) but you can then try to hunt them down for a chat

What warranty are they offering?

Re mileage. I bought a 64 plate with 47k 6 months ago. Mileage doesn't bother me and like you I do low mileage a year. Re sale come 4 years an 8 year old m4 with 40k or 65k is still gone be about the same value.
I'd rather not say the name of the company just because I don't want to give the impression I'm bad-mouthing them. But I have looked around at reviews on various sites including FB, Google, Autotrader and Cargurus. They've got VERY good feedback. Pretty much no problems at all with anyone.

I suppose I'll just need to ask questions and see if it all adds up.
I'm definitely going to drive it before I sign though.

When I looked at the car, it looked spotless. Paint, wheels, tyres, interior were all good condition. The seat bolsters are always a giveaway on these cars as they tend to have worn away leather when not looked after as much. This one had a tiny tiny bit of roughness to the driver's seat bolster. But only a very small amount. Less than I saw on a convertable with less miles.

Here's a picture of one of the front discs. Does this look okay?

Last edited by unrealeck; 07-30-2019 at 04:48 AM..
Appreciate 0