Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfoggy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
Mine was getting worse, at first it was only a slight knocking and by the time it went in it was louder..

If I am 100% honest I think the 330d xdrive is one of the best cars I have driven even if it's a touring. It goes really well, I can get all the power down and it's so comfortable. I am genuinely surprised how good it is and I have had a 997.2 c2s (from new), m4, golf gti's, mercs etc and so far the 330d xdrive is everything in one package. If I had my time again I am not sure I would pick the m4 simply because it's so bad at putting the power down and the 330/335 xdrive is so good.

My back has not been great since I got the m4 and I think it's because the seat doesn't support my lower back. I actually find the seat really comfortable but I don't think it's doing my back any good.
So, is the handling ok in the xdrive then?

See, I was sort of in a similar position ...... I had a brand new 530d given to me for 9 weeks while the M3 was in on the diff recall. I was so I impressed with it. Thought it was quick around town and up to 60, but once you push on it was lacking a little, but it is a heavier car than the 330d. The handling was really good and really balanced and I was amazed for a big car how good it was.

Now, a few years ago the M cars I guess we're streets ahead of the cooking models. This made them stand out and well worth the extra.

But these days, the non M models are so good, it's sometimes difficult to justify an M car. I can absolutely see why Guy has done the improvements to his car and I bet is so much better than standard.

The M3/4 is a brilliant car, but there isn't a massive gap between this and normal cars like there was. I bet these days the 340i probably isn't that far behind in performance from how owners describe them. And they are a bit more comfortable lol!
Going from a 435i to an M3 I can honestly say there is a big difference.

The M is so much more aggressive and raw.

If you want quick, comfy and refined go *40i

If you want a beast go M!!
Totally agree, the m is very raw and I do really like it but you do get 90% of the m in the 330/335/340 and on normal roads you have to ask yourself do you actually need the extra 10%..

Andy, totally get where you are with the 530d and yes when you push on I am sure if feel heavy an no where near as good as the m but I guess the question is how many time do you push it that hard?
Yep this is very true. But for me I just had to have an M if I could might not get the chance again and might not want one again but at least I have done it :-)

550i next :-)
Appreciate 0